Donate blood is giving life! Become a donor!
Blood is used frequently to treat:
- · Patients with severe anaemia
- · Accident victims
- · Patients undergoing surgical procedures
- · Transplant suffering patients
- · Patients with cancer
There is constant need of a regular blood supply because it can be stored only during a limited time before it’s used.
Blood is the more precious gift that a person can offer to others. The decision to donate blood can save the life a person or several even.
- · Over 18 and under 65
- · Over 50 Kilos
- · Not suffering or having suffered from blood-borne diseases (Hepatitis C and B, Malaria, AIDS, etc.)
- · Spend a little medical examination: taking blood pressure, determination of haemoglobin, health questionnaire.
- · Not fasting.
What is obtained from donated blood?
Blood is fractional in:
- · Red cell concentrate
- · Plasma
- · Platelets
You can donate in several places:
- · Hospitals (Blood banks)
- · Transfusion Centers:
o Cruz Roja Española (Spanish Red Cross): C/ Juan Montalvo 3 (Madrid)
o Comunidad de Madrid: Avd Democracia s/n (Valdebernardo-Madrid)
- · Mobile Units (donation buses)
1. Donate blood is a non-profit and voluntary action;
2. Blood is regenerated but is not possible to manufacture;
3. Blood can save lives and somebody is waiting for it;
4. Why are you not a donor?