Osteosynthesis upgrade course for operating room nurses in Badajoz
On 25th March 2015, Elena Miguel Poza of the IMTRA Incoma clinic in Madrid organized a course for operating room nurses of Hospital Infanta Cristina and Hospital Perpetuo Socorro in Badajoz.
The aim of this course was to upgrade knowledge about osteosynthesis. The program had theoretical issues about:
- Osteosynthesis: absolute and relative stability
- Variable Angle Locking Compression Plate (VA-LCP)
- PFNA (Proximal Femoral Nail Antirotation)
- AOTrauma Website
The course had also interesting practical exercises:
- Apply interfragmentary compression with a screw (Lag screw) and with a plate
- Understand and manage implants and instruments of VA-LCP
- Understand and manage implants and instruments of PFNA
- Understand and manage implants and instruments of several kinds of cables.
There were 5 intense and interesting hours of classes and practicals which were made possible thanks to the sponsorship of DePuy Synthes that provided all the necessary materials and equipment. The participants reviewed some issues, resolved doubts and acquired new knowledge and skills.
Traumatology and Orthopaedics are constantly changing specialisations and it is necessary to upgrade our knowledge and be able to perform our work to the highest level.
Elena Miguel Poza - Nurse, nursing coordinator & trainer - Enfermera coordinadora y profesora de enfermería - IMTRA Instituto Madrileño de Traumatologia (Madrid Spain)
Tel: (0034) 915545405 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web site in English: http://www.imtra.eu Web site in Spanish: www.imtra.biz